i like lists. i feel like music lists are even more arbitrary than movie lists, if such a thing is possible. also, i feel like music lists shouldn't be written until 2/3 years after the fact, because so much slips through the crack and my opinion on albums changes so dramatically over time. but i like lists. lists!!! movie list forthcoming late next week and is more fun and will feature descriptions cause i will be less lazy, but LISTS!!*!(*!(!*)(!&!*&*&!^*!^%*!%!
Favorite Albums of 2008! for now.
1. M83 - Saturdays = Youth
2. TV ON THE RADIO - Dear Science,
3. BON IVER - For Emma, Forever Ago (2007?)
4. DODOS - Visiter
5. ATLAS SOUND - Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See but Cannot Feel
6. LYKKE LI - Youth Novels
7. MY BRIGHTEST DIAMOND - A Thousand Shark's Teeth
8. PORTISHEAD - Third
9. BEACH HOUSE - Devotion
10. HERCULES AND THE LOVE AFFAIR / ANTONY AND THE JOHNSONS - ST / Another World EP
Special mention goes to year's most specialist album, CHAIRLIFT - Does You Inspire You, which i love like nothing else but can't really rank with a critical eye, for it is beyond all mere rankings.
and a big, fat, fluffy LOLKATZ to the nypost for THIS