Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fables on ABC?! [Just Breathe]

Not sure how I feel about this. One of my favorite comics of all time, if not my number one favorite, is being made into a television show for ABC. The guys behind it? Stu Zicherman and Raven Metzner, who have left quite the bit of canceled tv shows in their wake thus far.




Fables, the Vertigo comic about various "folklore and fairy tale" characters who were forced out of their homeland, and set up a community in modern day New York, is one of the more brilliant pieces of work you will ever get your hands on. Srsly. Bill Willingham and Mark Buckingham are a force to be reckoned with. I sometimes compare it to Battlestar in that it takes a while before you get addicted, but once you're hooked, you're HOOKED. For me it was book 4, March of the Wooden Soldiers, that sealed the deal.

For a while I've had the fantasy of one day being a part of its adaptation. I've always imagined a channel like Showtime being the one to get to it, with producers who not only love the comic, but are committed to its adult nature. I'm not sure I really trust the guys behind "Life is Wild" with this property that means so much to me.

If both Y: The Last Man & Fables get raped in the same year, I don't know what I'll do.

Hat Tip: Aint It Cool

0 comments: