Wednesday, May 20, 2009

American Idol Finale Live Blog

I'm a little late to the party...let's recap...

Paula's montage of vocabulary was hilarious. Well done, Idol.

100 million votes! Wow.

Top 13 is awkward. Really awkward.

Sad Alexis won't be on the tour!

I decide to live blog...

8:18 David Cook is crying and I love him

8:19 David Cook is so attractive and I love him

8:20 Oh great. Make fun of people with disabilities time. Sigh. This is where Idol loses me.

8:20 Someone sang Mad World in auditions? I didn't know that! Oh, this is all so mean.

8:21 Oh duh, deep voice guy has gotta win this one.

8:22 No way, they never showed this plaid jacket guy in auditions, never saw him

8:22 Oh! Norman Gentle is nominated! Get ready for a performance, folks.

8:24 This kid is hilarious "I didn't even know I was doing this! Hit it."

8:24 Would I rather hear Matt, Allison & Alexis? Yes. But this is amusing enough.

8:26 Idol #1 I do not give a shit about: Lil Rounds. This is highly unnecessary.

8:28 I take it back. Nick Mitchell started out funny, then it became same old joke. Meh. When are Alexis, Allison & Adam doing a number from Rent? Oh, that's not happening? I made that up? Fine.

8:29 YAY that performance is over

8:30 Why am I not drinking?

8:33 I'm glad I'm not on the west coast right now. The anxiety would drive me crazy.

8:33 I love this song. I'm not ashamed. OMG JASON MRAZ I JUST DIED A LITTLE. SEXY. GET KRIS OUT THERE WITH HIM SO THE SEXY CAN OCCUR AHHHHHHH

8:34 Ohmygod I have such a crush on Jason Mraz. This song is getting away from them a little bit. But the end was awesome. And he is so sexy.

8:36 So scared Kris is gonna win. Love him, but please don't win. Oh goodness he is so cute! He is so cute! I'M SUCH A GIRL!

8:37 He will pee on himself if he wins.

8:37 Sing to me Kris. Though why he singing country and not with Jason Mraz is odd. Anyway. He is so cute. SING TO ME AHHHH. Oh his voice is so sweet and cute. You can kiss THIS girl. Okay...time to calm down...

8:39 Bored when Kris isn't on camera.

8:40 Okay, Nicole Kidman, I actually think I get it. I can see it.

8:43 Seriously. Why am I not drinking.

8:45 What an effing weird group of singers this year. So weird. But YAY ALLISON.

8:46 FUUUUGGGGGGG

8:47 Allison is oddly excited about the Black Eyed Peas. I am not. Do not want.

8:50 That's why they are number one? That's how they do it? Um. Do not want.

8:51 Bwaha. Bikini Girl. Gross.

8:52 Simon called someone a Donkey? I missed that the first time around.

8:53 Are deluded parents better or worse than their deluded children?

8:53 Someone knew she was gonna be on Idol and got really tan. Eyu. OMG DOES SHE REALLY HAVE NEW BOOBS?

8:55 Bwahaha, I can appreciate this, Kara. THIS IS SO WEIRD. Kara sounds great and looks cute and normal compared to bikini girl. THIS IS SO AWKWARD. Sing off AHHHHH KARA IN A BIKINI WHATS HAPPENING. Bikini girl is NOT having this.

8:56 DAVID COOK love

8:56 I kind of like Kara more now

8:58 EruditeChick points out that Bikini Girl looks like more of a drag queen than Adam Lambert. This is a truth. A wise, wise truth.

9:00 YES ALLISON YES SING IT

9:01 Somewhere, Michael Slezak is freaking the eff out

9:02 This is awesome

9:02 Please tell me I can download this later?

9:03 Hello hot brother of Adam Lambert

9:05 Danny Gokey MEHH MUHHH

9:05 David Cook sang this better last year. Shut up, Gokey. Actually it sounds good, but it's Gokey so I don't care.

9:06 Gokey is so awkward, woowww. Eruditechick points out that Lionel wants to groove and Danny can't groove.

9:07 Danny is also TRYING to engage since he sucked at that so bad during his duet with Kris. Unfortunately, his trying to engage is so awkward it doesn't really make it any better.

9:13 How did "Because You Love Me" by Celine Dion get stuck in my head? Who do I blame for this? Gokey? Okay.

9:15 YAY Adam's clip video. Aw he's adorable.

9:15 Adam kept his promise! He did surprise everyone! He did twist songs! Aw Adam.

9:16 Adam's so classy WHATS HE WEARING? YES!

9:17 Eruditechick: Someone stole Gackt's outfit and put it on Adam Lambert

9:17 I'm obsessed with Adam right now

9:18 Kiss: "For Adam Lambert? For Adam Lambert, sure we'll perform on American Idol." THIS IS SO COOL.

9:19 Adam fits in perfectly with these guys. Haha this is amazing. So into this right now.

9:19 Split screen for Adam & KISS?! YES THX

9:20 That was the greatest thing ever or as EruditeChick put it "happiest, gayest romp ever on American Idol"

9:25 Aaaaand it's officially Guitar Hero night on American Idol!

9:26 I am VERY OKAY with Matt singing Black Magic Woman. He looks sexy. I'm into it.

9:26 Crap. Top 13 is back.

9:27 YAY Adam & Kris singing! Oh no Jorge singing...

9:27 Seriously, Kris makes me swoon.

9:28 Adam and Allison dancing together! Awwwww

9:29 Gross, weird celebrities in the audience

9:30 DAVID AND KRIS AND ADAM ALL TOGETHER. SO MUCH SEXY IS OCCURRING.

9:31 Michael Sarver, Megan Corkey and Steven Martin. AMAZING.

9:31 Amazing because Steve Martin, Michael Sarver & Megan Corkey are on stage together with a banjo.

9:32 I like this song. Maybe the studio version will be awesome of this number? If it is, I'll buy it. Even though it's kinda weird. Awkward, quirky, weird, cute, sweet. The end.

9:33 Oh Steve. You funny :)

9:39 Oh no. Disco? Hey, Scott hasn't gotten a solo. Wait. Is this disco? What is this? Danny sounded bad.

9:39 Now you all remember why Matt made it to the top five, don't you? Because he's awesome.

9:40 Oh. Rod Stewart. I don't care. I'm 23. Iiii. Don't care. Did he just trip or was that a dance move? Is he drunk?

9:41 "There are certain places Idol should not go and tearing down heroes of the past is one of them" - Eruitechick

9:42 Eruditechick reveals that she voted for Bo Bice! That was the only season I didn't watch. But I probably would have voted for him.

9:44 Golden Idol NOW? Come on. Get to the results. AUGH.

9:45 This is painful. Come on.

9:46 Tatiana. Duh.

9:46 I missed that "producers asking me to sleep with them" bit the first time around

9:47 This is a set up, right? It's gotta be. I hope so. Oh god, I hope so.

9:48 Anyone? Was that a set up? Gotta be, right?

9:50 Was Adam Lambert a Sim just there?

9:52 Please Adam win. Oh god. Oh I'm nervous. ADAM!

9:53 QUEEN. Yes please. This is awesome. Kris is hot. Adam is amazing.

9:53 EVERYONE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR ADAM LAMBERT. QUEEN. What's left of Queen. But still. QUEEN.

9:54 Ohmygod Adam. Sing Queen to me always.

9:55 Nice work, boys. Nice work.

9:55 THEY ARE ADORABLE FRIENDS

9:57 Despite all the awkward moments, this is the best Idol finale ever. Well. It will be if Adam wins.

9:59 My doorbell rang with my delivery just now. I freaked out. But luckily made it back in time. Phew.

10:02 I didn't get my statement.

10:02 "Adam deserves this" Truth. But glad you said that. Love you even though you killed my dreams. Let's have sex.

10:04 Still sad. I wanted the first gay American Idol. I wanted to see Kris in the house of Blues and Adam at Madison Square Garden. But holy eff is Kris sexy. ADAM, I'M SORRY.

10:05 Okay, I'm really sad Adam didn't win.

10:05 Nothing personal, Kris. I just really wanted Adam to win. Adam & Allison are best friends being classy in the background!

10:06 Kris & his wife are so so sweet. He loves her. Too bad that wasn't Adam & a boy. Sigh.

10:08 I'm sad

2 comments:

The Danifesto said...

It's nice to know that we can always count on homophobia to come through in the end!

Teddy Diefenbach said...

That and the fact that Arkansas was like 35% of the votes.