Sunday, September 5, 2010

Publishing Houses of Interest

I want to recommend two small publishing houses that I think might be of interest to you ATFG readers.

The first is Pill Hill Press, a small publishing company based in Nebraska that specializes in sci-fi, fantasy, and horror. Their novels are fun, pulp reading. I recommend reading Matthew Moses’ Proxies of Fate, a sci-fi/historical fiction thriller set in the Great Depression about aliens who battle over the fate of Earth. Yeah, I said aliens AND the Great Depression. Awesome.

The second is PM Press, an amazing publishing company based in California with a wide selection of fiction and nonfiction works in different mediums. I like their selection of books, which include leftist political nonfiction, noir, and graphic novels. Check out Rick Dakan’s Geek Mafia, a fictional crime novel about a man working in the comic book and gaming industry. Also, I highly recommend Summer Brenner’s I-5: A Novel of Crime, Transport, and Sex. It’s a dark story about sex trafficking that takes place on the dismal Interstate 5. Brenner writes in this beautiful noir style that sucks you right into her novel.

So if you’re looking for some new reading, check out what Pill Hill Press and PM Press have to offer.

0 comments: