Wednesday, December 30, 2009

MY TOP 5 JAMS OF 2009

So I've been thinking about my top jams of the year for a couple of weeks now and have compiled my top 5 list. Btw, my definition of a "jam" is a popular song you hear on the radio or in a club (assuming you listen to the radio or go to clubs) which instantly hooks you with its obsessive replay-ability. It's the type of song you're not proud to admit you like, at first, until you end up completely and shamelessly in love with it. You know what I'm talking about! The song you can dance to, as you blast on your speakers/headphones, until your limbs give out and/or your eardrums bleed.

Anyway, my top 5 jams are all from the later half of this year. Probably because I played out the jams from earlier this year/I have memory problems. But these are 5 AWESOME songs that I hope to always remember and love...until my 2010 jams replace them. SO ON TO MY JAMS...

***Honorable Mention: Taylor Swift - "You Belong with Me"
Taylor, I'm really happy for you, and I'm gonna let you finish, but your song just missed out my top 5. Beyonce's not on here though so no worries.


AND NOW I PRESENT...MY TOP 5 JAMS OF '09:

5. La Roux - "Bulletproof"
I first heard this song at an American Apparel store. Fitting. This British electropop group's self-titled album is super fun to dance. Dancing aside, I relate to the lyrics of "Bulletproof" so much that it's my official anti-love anthem of the year.


4. Miley Cyrus - "Party in the USA"
Once upon a time, I hated Miley. But now...well ok, now I just rock out to this one song of hers. And I have a feeling many of you have this song in your top 5 jams of '09 as well (if you're cool enough to admit it).


3. Rihanna - "Hard"
OMG I LOVE RIRI. SHE'S SO HOT AND BADASS. FUCK CHRIS BROWN. RIHANNA ROCKS.


2. Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys - "Empire State of Mind"
Aahh the song I refuse to let LoquaciousMuse hear. Why? Because she already has an unhealthy obsession with NYC and the last thing I want is to further fuel her fanaticism. This song even makes me want to move to New York every time I listen to it. I understand that the city sells itself but Jay-Z does a really fabulous job of selling it as well. Jay-Z just sells. He's money. This song is legit. DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO LOQUACIOUSMUSE!


1. Lady Gaga - "Bad Romance"
2009 was the year of Gaga. And I hope much of 2010 will be Lady Gaga's year too. She is our generation's Madonna (I'm not much of a Madonna fan but I think the comparison works). Whatever Lady Gaga does, sings, or wears is genuinely fascinating. She's like an unconventional performance art piece that has miraculously managed to gain mainstream success and fame. "Bad Romance" is a ridiculous song...I don't know why I love it or even why I love Lady Gaga. But I do know that as her best single of the year, it reigns over all other jams. So let's turn it up and dance!

0 comments: