Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Damon, Carlton & A Polar Bear Comes to a Close

Last night, I had the pleasure of attending the Damon, Carlton and a Polar Bear event, culminating months and months of work.

As you may recall, back in July, Damon, Carlton and Paul Sheer staged a bit where Sheer presented our lovely show-runners with a velvet painting consisting of, well, Damon, Carlton, and a Polar Bear. Thus began what has become a source of CRAZY for most Lost fans. Or at least, for me. See, every few weeks, a new limited edition Lost art print was released and every time, they all sold out before I could buy one. So when I heard that there was going to be an event at Gallery 1988 with all the art on display, plus special surprises, OBVIOUSLY I was gonna go.

Sure enough, our line-waiting efforts were rewarded with a free badass poster on card stock, none of this flimsy shit, and the chance to buy any of the original artwork, some crazy magnetized figurines or the best thing ever - a shirt version of the Olly Moss Locke print. Damon, Carlton, Bob Orci & Alex Kurtzman were all in attendance, along with tons of the artists behind the prints and other behind the scenes Lost folk. At one point I walked by Orci, Kurtzman & Doc Jensen from EW having a chat and it made my geek heart oh so warm.

Below are some photos from the exhibit, featuring brand new art & some shots of Damon and Carlton. Sans polar bear.


I lied! Polar bear!

One of my favorite new pieces

More after the jump!


The crowd inside - can you spot Doc Jensen?

Ronie Midfew Arts!


I liked this guy's shirt


Showdown pieces. Charlie/Coke, Sayid/Ben - what the hell is the third one? Were a TON of these, all of which can be seen in the complete flickr album. Amazing stuff.



Damon & Carlton being interviewed in between chatting/signing with fans!


Magnetized crazy figurines of Locke & Hurley going for $815!


The various stations on the island

Locke being badass

Best shirt EVAR

Orci, Kurtzman and Doc Jensen

Check out more photos of the event & the original art here on my Flickr

0 comments: