Sunday, December 20, 2009

Brittany Murphy Dies at Age 32

I can't say I'm affected, much. I didn't know her, and I wasn't a fan of any of the romcoms she participated in, although I did like her other work and I appreciated her talent. But she used to be something like a beacon for me, in the way that she was not the most striking or classically beautiful girl but through talent and an innate likability became a star. I'm really talking about Clueless, here. It's the work I'll always associate her with first and foremost. One of those movies I can pretty much recite through. I loved Tai. I wanted to be Cher, but I associated with Tai, albeit not so much in the sex-drugs-rock-and-grunge department. Knowing as much as anyone with tabloids in their peripheral vision does about her public life, and having watched the evolution of her as an actress and her body as a Hollywood commodity, I have my own first impressions and gut instincts about why a 32 year old who never copped to hard drug use would drop of a heart attack. And it makes me sad.



Our condolences and sympathies to her family. We're very sorry for your loss.

0 comments: