Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Reading List



As a Literature major, I don't have enough time to read unassigned books or to read contemporary literature during the school year. But now that I'm on Summer vacation I'm excited to read new(er) works purely for pleasure! Check out my Summer reading list below (I'm gonna try really hard to avoid laziness and read at least half of these great books). Hopefully there's a book on my list that strikes your interest. Also, feel free to suggest titles to me!

Just Kids, Patti Smith
Oh this memoir sounds so cool.

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, Michael Chabon
I know, it's ridiculous that I haven't read this already. Whatever, don't judge me!

2666, Roberto BolaƱo
This book sounds like surreal, postmodern awesomeness and I've been meaning to read it for years.

Daughters of the River Huong, Uyen Nicole Duong
A novel that combines family history along with the turbulent and rich history of Vietnam.

Jane was Here, Sarah Kernochan
A mystery thriller novel from an Academy Award winning screenwriter and filmmaker.

Sinister Resonance, David Toop
This book examines the presence of sound and listening throughout numerous texts and artworks. Really though, it sounds fascinating.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, JK Rowling
Clearly, I've read this one before. I'd just like to reread it in preparation for the final film!

0 comments: