Thursday, March 19, 2009

Young Hollywood Recreates West Side Story for Vanity Fair [Pretty Alert!]


I love West Side Story and I love photography. Sometimes, I even love Young Hollywood. Like when I was 8-11 and in love with Devon Sawa, Leonardo DiCaprio and Paul Rudd. Some things never change. I'm referring to the Paul Rudd part. It's safe to say I'm quite over Devon & Leo. Okay, what was I talking about?

Ah yes, to celebrate West Side Story coming back to Broadway, Vanity Fair and Mark Seliger held a photo shoot recreating certain famous scenes from the show, featuring Camilla Belle as Maria, Jennifer Lopez as Anita, Ben Barnes as Tony, Chris Evans as Riff and Rodrigo Santoro as Bernardo. As background, they've got Minka Kelly, Drake Bell, Ashley Tisdale, Robert Pattinson, Cam Gigandet, Melanie Diaz, Brandon T. Jackson and more. Okay, so J. Lo is hardly young Hollywood, and I'm not particularly a huge fan of any of the names I just mentioned, but whatever, it's still awesome.

Don't believe me? Take a look at the gorgeous photos for yourself. They could have chosen some better people to act as background characters but I gotta say, Belle, Barnes, Lopez and Rodrigo look pretty damn convincing.

Click here for the rest of the online only spread.

3 comments:

Brendan M. Leonard said...

Not their best spread. The hitchcock spread from last year was way better. Also, so not looking forward to this new version of West Side Story.

Castling said...

The Hitchcock photos were amazing. But this new spread is still well-photographed (even though most of the models are lame).

오피 op-best.com said...


Great work! That is the type of information that are meant to be shared
around the net. Shame on the seek engines for no longer positioning this publish upper!
Come on over and discuss with my site . Thanks
=)
풀싸롱

Here is my webpage; 부산달리기