Sunday, March 22, 2009

Last Week On All Things Fangirl [Weekly Round Up]


Here's what got us chatting this week,

-Triple header of Battlestar posts: Pre-show thoughts and round Up, Post-show thoughts & round-up and a picture of the BSG Crew gathering to watch the finale...the tiny version of the BSG Crew owned by me and EruditeChick.

-I gave the best advice I could on which hotel to pick for Comic Con 2009

-EruditeChick explains how to not screw up a reboot of the Tomb Raider film franchise

-david discusses Benjamin Button coming to his beloved Critereon Collection

-Guest Blogger Brenden recommended picking up Planetary if you're looking for a new comic title

-I freaked out over an Awesomely Geektastic page from Buffy #23

-Video of the Moment: Batman Logo Evolution

-Discovered a website, Geek Force Five, which is holding a geek version of March Madness. Already, Buffy has upset Judd Apatow! Woot!

-I pondered my bizarre obsession with Nite Owl

-david lost his shit over a photograph from the late 70s of the Coppola family, featuring little Sofia and Akira Kurosawa hiding in a corner

-Told ya where you can download the Kings pilot for free

-In my weekly American Idol write ups, EW killed my crush on Danny Gokey, then Danny Gokey himself revived it. Got my predictions wrong because the incorrect person was sent home. Psh.

-I briefly lost my shit when I learned of a Back to the Future Reunion being held in Burbank next month

-MoCCA in NYC has a badass Watchmen exhibit right now, if you want to check it out

-Young Hollywood Recreates West Side Story for Vanity Fair and it's prettyyy

-Bored at work? We found a giant Tetris game

And although this was posted before last week, in honor of Knowing, a worthy addition to the Nic Cage Oeuvre (if you know what I mean), the Nic Cage Movie Plot Generator

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Glad you're enjoying the tournament so far.

LoquaciousMuse said...

Of course! I love the tournament. I want Fables to beat Batman so bad! Haha, ahhhh! I added you guys to my google reader. Thanks for checking us out :)