Tuesday, March 10, 2009

American Idol Predictions [Quickish Thought]




Totally random, but knowing its Michael Jackson night, here's who I think will shine and who I think will suck.

Danny Gokey - Will probably sing some cheesy song and kick ass. They may love it, but they may tell him he needs to try something new. I'll Be There would be a better choice for him than You Are Not Alone. Don't know what non-shmaltzy Danny would be like...Don't get me wrong, I love Danny. He has a weird Robert Downey Jr. vibe.

Alexis Grace - Will hopefully put a bluesy spin on something, staying classy...actually I'll Be There would be nice for her too...uh oh I think I only like one song. Who is gonna get it?!

Michael Sarver - Go home please. Unless you randomly kick ass totally out of the blue tonight. But I doubt it. This spot should belong to Ricky or Juno

Adam Lambert - Will do something crazy with some crazy song. Judges may be split, but he'll be safe and entertaining as hell

Kris Allen - Hopefully will use his guitar and surprise us with some very cool new take on a classic song. If not, I don't suspect he'll be getting much love.

Alison Iraheta - Gotta sing something that shows off that epic voice of hers. Go for big, sing the shit out of it

Scott MacIntyre - Again, gotta do something innovative here, most likely with the piano. Could be very cool. No piano? Then he may be going home.

Jasmine Murray - Jeez, I don't know. I'm not into Jasmine. This slot should have gone to Kristin McNamara. I suspect suckage and forgetability.

Matt Giraud - Soul soul soul. Kick ass, Matt. I heart you. Hoping he will be at the top of this one. Please!

Megan Corkrey - No clue. She's gotta do something interesting or her schtik is gonna get real old, real fast. Huge potential for crashing and burning

Lil Rounds - Will probably kick ass, but risks doing the same thing as usual and being kind of boring

Jorge Nuñez - DEFINITE suckage potential here. Gotta bring it. We'll see.

Anoop Desai - I think he'll do pretty well tonight as long as he picks the right song. I don't know MJ enough to be able to say what song that would be, but I'm sure he'll be safe

Top three: Matt, Adam, possibly Danny or Alison or someone who will do something completely unexpected & innovative...maybe Megan? Kris?

Safe, but won't be best or worst: Anoop, Lil Rounds, Alexis

Bottom three: Jasmine, Michael Sarver, possibly Megan, Jorge, Kris or Scott if they don't mix it up

Those are my predictions! Can't wait to see how horribly off I am!!! WOOT!

By the way, here are EW's recommendations for what songs the top 13 should sing tonight:
Allison Iraheta: "Scream" (Am I the only one who loves this song?) (Yes.)
Adam Lambert: "State of Shock"
Jasmine Murray: "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"
Kris Allen: "The Way You Make Me Feel"
Matt Giraud: "I Want You Back"
Alexis Grace: "It's Your Thing"
Lil Rounds: "Human Nature"
Scott MacIntyre: "Butterflies"
Anoop Desai: "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)"
Megan Corkrey: "Off the Wall" (dance, girl, dance!)
Michael Sarver: "Another Part of Me"
Jorge Nuñez: "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" (could be a-mah-zing or could be disastrous, I know)
Danny Gokey: "Say Say Say"

1 comments:

EruditeChick said...

I am attracted to Gokey BECAUSE of his Robert Downey Jr. vibe.