Sunday, July 18, 2010

Top Ten Pre Comic-Con Goals

 Every year, about a week before Comic-Con, I stare at the stack of comics next to my bed and think "Oh. Fuck." I then realize I still haven't gotten around to watching whatever Sci Fi show I keep meaning to watch and have yet to even open Lego Harry Potter. This year, I've actually managed to accomplish SOME pre-Comic-Con goals and forsee accomplishing a few more before the big day this Wednesday. But..not all of them. Definitely not all of them. Here's the list of the top ten things I was hoping to accomplish before Comic-Con.

1. Catch up on Fringe
Status: ACCOMPLISHED a week or two ago. Was behind 3 episodes for about a month, but it's all good now. I'm ready to go.

2. Watch all of Caprica
Status: ACCOMPLISHED. Watched the first 5 months ago and watched the final five (final five, teehee) over the course of 6 days last week. I fucking love it.

3. Read The Walking Dead Vol 1-5
Status: CLOSE TO COMPLETION
Read Vol 1 last year, loved it, but with everything else I was reading, never got around to cracking vol 2. Reread Vol 1 yesterday, then immediately read all of Vol 2 and now I'm halfway through Vol 3. This will be accomplished, folks, don't you worry :)

4. Complete 50% of Red Dead Redemption
Status: CLOSE TO COMPLETION
At 25 hours, I'm 47% through the game. An hour or two more and I'll have hit 50. I got this.

5. Read the stack of comics next to bed, including the last volume of Fables
Status: WE'LL SEE
I keep getting distracted by things like Red Dead Redemption and Walking Dead. IT'S NOT MY FAULT. FUCK, I need to catch up on Fables and everything X-Men. AHHH, TIME.

6. Read Breaking Dawn
Status: YEAH RIGHT
This has been my goal for so long, because with every event brings another opportunity for the "crazy shit that goes down" in the 4th book to be spoiled for me. It's not like I think these books are well written or give a shit about any of the characters, I just wanna have the experience of getting to the crazy party with no prior knowledge of what's going to happen and being shocked. Luckily, no Twihards will be up in my business this year, so avoiding spoilers should be fairly easy

7. Watch Dexter
Status: NEXT YEAR, FOLKS
Sigh.

8. Watch The Guild Season 3 & Season 4 Premiere
Status: DOWNLOADING
Should be easy enough to zip through if they finish downloading before I leave for Comic-Con

9. Write my review of Tom Bissell's Extra Lives
Status: I JUST DONT KNOW, YOU GUYS
I don't know how to write a book review for something like this. I loved the book, it made me appreciate the games I play even more, and it made me wanna talk to Tom Bissell about Red Dead Redemption ASAP. I'll forget everything about the book after Comic-Con. But with so much to do in these two days before I leave...I just don't know, you guys

10. See Sorcerer's Apprentice for the first time, see Inception for the second time
Status: NOT HAPPENING
It's Sunday. I leave for Comic-Con on Tuesday. You do the math.

What are yours?

1 comments:

Castling said...

You may not have time to write a book review but you are certainly capable of writing an amazing book review.