Friday, July 23, 2010

Thursday Wrap Up [Comic-Con 2010]

Holy shit. I think my brain asplode. As it is wont to do at Comic-Con.

Today brought us the following:

-Will Ferrell, Tiny Fey, Jonah Hill & a Brad Pitt standee giving us a taste of Mastermind while also cracking my shit up. Hilarious panel. Made me a happy lady. Also, I will be seeing this movie.

-Tron: Legacy panel which blew my mind. With no connection to the first Tron, I was somehow still moved to (almost) tears with the footage. It just looked so fucking cool, you guys. I can't wait. I CAN'T WAIT. They also recorded us doing crowd sounds for the movie. I hope we make it in. We did a really good job and the experience felt...magical, I wanna say. Because that's what it was.

-Salt. Won't get to see the movie this weekend, but looking forward to it. Angie's so beautiful. She is SO beautiful. Heart.

-Same panel - Battle Los Angeles, which looks like Modern Warfare with aliens. Aka Modern Warfare meets Halo, both of which were referenced during the panel. A lot of the film was shot from the first person shooter perspective and looks fantastic. Also, Michelle Rodriguez is a sexy sexy sexy badass sexy hot woman. We would all try the other side for her.

-EW's panel with Joss Whedon and JJ Abrams. It's rare you get to see two people you're obsessed with just shoot the shit with someone for an hour, on stage, uncensored. A great panel for anyone who aspires to be creative in this industry.

-SCOTT PILGRIM PANEL. The panel was just cool clips & awesome people being awesome, but that doesn't make it any less wonderful. I don't mind that I didn't learn anything. This panel rocked. Loved how Edgar Wright moderated, loved how he ended it by telling everyone there was a previously unannounced screening happening in 45 minutes and some members of the audience would get to attend. Love even more that he then led hundreds of fans on a 20 minute walk to the theatre. He rocks. Filmed entire panel, sans footage. Will be posted tomorrow evening. Hopefully.

-SCOTT PILGRIM SCREENING. This MOVIE you guys. Yes, it takes you a good 5-10 minutes to get used to the fast pacing, but as soon as your brain settles in, you are on the two hour high of your life. It's fun, it's fast, it's funny, it's smart, the homages are too numerous to name, the gags too bizarre and perfect to describe. I loved this movie and I hope you do too. The audience tonight watched it with the entire cast (sans Chris Evens and whoever the cutie is who plays Young Neil, more or less) for their first time. The audience was vocal and the energy was palpable. It was an experience I will not soon forget. After the movie, the whole cast, plus Edgar & Bryan came on stage, said hello, then treated us to a Metric concert, who "play" The Clash at Demonhead in the film. I can't wait to see this movie again to hear all the jokes I missed due to the audience's uproarious laughter this time around.

-Lucasfilm/G4 Party. Played some video games, had some empanadas, drank some drinks, hung with some fun people and got some gift bags. Mine included a Darth Vader. WIN!

Tomorrow we plan on branching out from Hall H a bit and hitting up some awesome panels in other rooms. The floor kicked ass Wednesday night and hopefully I bought everything I wanted to. Everything else must wait til Sunday.

At the end of this whole shebang, we will have an incredible gallery of photos for you, from on stage and various S&R/backstage photo op moments. And remember to keep tuned in to the following people for your All Things Fangirl coverage:

@eruditechick
@loquaciousmuse
@strongpieces
@davidehrlich

Catch ya'll tomorrow!

0 comments: