Wednesday, May 19, 2010

This Episode Has Been in my Brain for 5 DAYS ALREADY



FINALLY!


"We insist, even if we have to kidnap you"
"You are the closest thing to a father she's ever had"

"Maybe this is happening for a reason. Maybe you are supposed to fix me"
"Mr. Locke, maybe you are mistaking coincidence for fate"

"Its where I was told I could summon the monster. That's before I realized that it was the one summoning me."

"I want to see this"
"He doesn't get to save his daughter".

"I chose you because you needed this place as much as it needed you". 
"Because you became a mother

"You are now like me"
"I'm just glad it isnt me"


"You don't seem like you're a cop to me."

"You didn't tell me Ana-Lucia was going to be here."


Thoughts: 

42 Kwan? If Kate was crossed out cause she's a mother, many have been speculating that 42 has meant Jin this whole time, as he has been an absent father, just like Sawyer, who was also not crossed out, despite being a father. Another theory? The long standing "Ji Yeon is a candidate" school of thought. Jacob did touch BOTH Sun & Jin after all, and now little Ji Yeon is an orphan, totally alone, nothing to tie her to the off-island world.

I'm hoping in my heart of hearts that master manipulator Ben Linus is pulling one long and awesome con on Smokey as revenge for the years of Smokey masquerading as Jacob & using Ben as a pawn. Ben had to kill Widmore cause Widmore killed Alex. I don't think it means he's turned completely to the dark side. Plus he had to convince Smokey he meant business, right?

Kate is going to the concert - is Jack her connection to the island or is Aaron, who perhaps will be borne out of Claire at said concert - going to be the key? Her motherhood, as we discovered in this episode, has become what makes her matter in the world.

Michael Emerson and Terry O' Quinn both killed it in this episode. And Matthew Fox's moment of literally stepping up [to the plate] brought me to tears. 

I can't wait for this finale. 

2 comments:

Mel Got Served said...

That weird throwaway line of Hurley saying "Glad it's not me" about becoming the final candidate didn't sit right with me. It seemed too odd of a line to have to have, Right now, my theory is Jack will die and Hurley will end up being the final candidate.

Talented_Ink said...

I just want to know if I was the only person who had the "I just got everything I wanted for Christmas" smile on my face when Jacob first started talking? This was the best show of season 6.