Sunday, January 25, 2009

Celebrity Crushes of the Week

So I noticed today on one of my favorite blogs, The Film Experience, something called "Crushes of the Week," featuring Gael Garcia Bernal & Diego Luna, Laurence Olivia in Rebecca, Angelina Jolie and Colin Farrel at the Golden Globes and it got me thinking. Do I have random celebrity crushes of the week? And would you have it, I totally do! So without further ado, my crushes of the week

Hugh Grant in his early 40s (2000-2004)





So this week I caught the crapfest that is the Bridget Jones sequel on TNT or TBS or TCC or TXM or whatever channel plays such films. Lifetime? We? O? Love? Ka? Zumanity? Oh the line between women's channels and Cirque De Soliel shows, how they blur. Anyway. That movie is difficult to watch because of Renee Zellwegers way too puffy face oh, and because it sucks, but holy god is Hugh Grant beautiful. So I also watched some of Two Weeks Notice on a couple different days...and then added Sense & Sensibility and Four Weddings & A Funeral to my Netflix queue cause I've never seen em and Hugh Grant is...have you SEEN Love Actually? (The answer is yes, once a year AT LEAST) and I'm curious to see if he was just as adorable when he was in his early 30s.

Various Members of the New Administration (Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Rahm Emanuel & Jon Favreau...not that one)


Don't even try to disagree with me. Maybe the most dashing POTUS & VP ever to grace Washington, plus that tiny sexy Jewish spitfire who helped inspire Josh Lyman (heart) PLUS a 27 year old gorgeous speechwriter who got in trouble a couple months ago for groping a Hilary Clinton standee?! Where do I sign up? Oh, I did. When I VOTED.

Leonardo Dicaprio in Titanic & Catch Me If You Can (1997 & 2002)



Specifically Leo in those two movies. Maybe because another one of those T channels was showing them all weekend. Hey, one guess what I did with my Friday and Saturday nights. And while Leo is perfect and adorable in Catch Me If You Can, Leo in Titanic clearly wins here because BEAUTIFUL and I first saw the movie when I was 11. I distinctly remember having to lie to all my friends about my love for Leo because I wanted to be "cool" and "counter-culture" and not love that movie nor swoon for Mr. Dicaprio the way all my peers did. But goodness. You really do fall in love with him in that movie. You are like, shit, I'd fall in love with him in one day and do it in the back of a car and break up with my rich fiance and years later throw away a diamond worth so much it could solve world hunger, all because he's so effing cute. If I was Kate Winslet in 1997 I'd have been like I don't know how you expect me to SPEAK to this angel, let alone act with him. OMGz. And did anyone else catch Emily Blunt on the E! pre-show talking about her young crush on Leo and how she's never met him? I'd watch a movie with those two! Make it happen.

Katrina Bowden at the SAG Awards


And by Katrina Bowden, I do mean Katrina Bowden's Christian Siriano dress. I'm obsessed with it.

Daniel Faraday


He wears skinny ties and understands Time Travel! Find his mother! Don't die Charlotte! Make out with Faraday first! Half tucked shirt! Squee! But seriously, any character that's gonna go and 'splain time traveling rules the way they should be (for an example of time travel making no sense at all, see Heroes) is gonna pique my interest. Give him a cutie face with a scruffy beard in a lanky body full of nervous tension and I'm sold. Sexy Awkward, thy name is Daniel Farady. Science nerds take note. Hawt.

That about does it for this week. These crushes will probably get weird from time to time. In April of my 14th year the loves of my life were David Arquette, Anthony Michael Hall, Christian Bale & Ted Raimi and of my 16th year, they were Tobey Maguire & Luis from Passions. The End!

4 comments:

ErinLaurel said...

Good taste - you has it. I was one of the 12 yr-olds who saw Titanic in theaters 5 times. I am now occasionally tempted to pretend it was only because I was a 12 year-old girl and that I am now above swooning at Leo in that movie, but that would make me a big fat liar. Cause I'm not. I do feel vindicated though because I always insisted he was a good actor and not just a tween idol and he has gone on to prove me right (thanks, Leo).

Also, I love Daniel Faraday! I was always a sucker for the sexy-awkward nerds. Jeff Goldblum circa 1993? Yes, please! But I don't really like Charlotte. Not that I want her to die or anything, but I want a new make-out candidate for Mr. Faraday...

demoness said...

I definitely share your love for Hugh Grant in his early 40's. I much preferred him after he cut his hair! Two Weeks Notice...he was even cuter in that movie.

Teddy Diefenbach said...

I would be fine with Charlotte dying. Nosebleed is always a precursor to death.

Raachelle said...

You have good taste! I absolutely adore Leo in Titanic and I'm not afraid to admit it. I've got a soft spot for Faraday too. Completely agree with ErinLaurel, I've always had a soft spot for the nerdy awkward types.