Monday, January 18, 2010

Who Else Played THIS Amazing Wonderous Game Full of HAPPY?!?!?!

For the longest time, I've been trying to remember the name of one of my favorite games as a child. Not the amazing fairy tale land one I can't remember, but one that involved elves and gems. That's the only way I could describe it. Elves. And Gems. What would YOU have guessed based on that hearty description? Well, one of my dear friends from my school days is currently staying with me and without blinking an eye knew exactly what I was talking about.

Check out the answer below.



I would totally play an updated version of this game. Someone get on that shit! They did it with Monkey Island, they can do it with Treasure motherfucking Mountain.

Oh and if you have any idea what the fairy tale game with minstrels and cats and cows is? Please let me know.

Update: It was Mixed Up Fairy Tales, from the makers of Mixed Up Mother Goose!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

I think the fairy tale game you're thinking of is Kings Quest (series). Kings Quest VI was probably the most popular one.

Anthony said...

You might be right about Mother Goose.

But my favorite was a game from the late 80's called "Fairy Tale Adventure", my cousin and I used to play it on his Amiga. The one thing I remember was it had 3 brothers and you began by playing one but if he died, then the next and so on. The last brother was "gentle Kevin" (you have to say it like the chicks do in the General Foods International coffee commercial...Jean-Luc) and you really didn't want to get stuck playing him.

LoquaciousMuse said...

I think my older brother played both of those actually!

Caitlin said...

I played the shit out of this game, and the image of the caves full of jewels randomly pops into my head on a regular basis. I think I gave up on Kings Quest because it was too hard. And I never played Monkey Island until a month ago, when my boyfriend downloaded it for his Xbox.

Teddy Diefenbach said...

Hell yea I played this game! There was something very subtly sinister about it...
Fairy Tale Adventure was also amazing. I think I played these in summer camp.

Caitlin Burns said...

OMG I seriously like, lost days of my life as a kid capturing those damn gnome things, also it had the added joy of having music that made my evil babysitter want to slit her wrists. Best Game Ever.