Thursday, January 7, 2010

2009 Fangirl Awards!!!


It's that time of year again, AWARDS SEASON AHHHH, and even though I have many issues with what Awards Season has become, nothing changes the fact that I love movies and I love talking about how much I love movies. I also love being a fangirl and talking about how much I love being a fangirl.

SO

I have an idea.

I would like to follow the same schedule as the Academy Awards, with a group of fangirls voting on nominations, then winners, to see what we consider to be the best of the year. Will it differ much from the Academy's opinion? Maybe, maybe not, but why don't we find out?

This is also somewhat inspired by The Film Experience's FilmBitch Awards. I adore @nathanielr and if you aren't reading his site, get on it!

So I'm looking for 50 fangirls. Friends, Tweeps, Friends of Tweeps, anyone - as long as you are a female and consider yourself a fan, I want to hear from you!

If you want to participate: Send your email address to AllThingsFangirl@gmail.com with the subject - I Want To Vote in the Fangirl Awards! or DM me on Twitter @loquaciousmuse with the same info.

Once I have 50 participants (hopefully by Monday), I will explain the rules and everyone will submit their nominations. Nominations will be due around Jan 23nd and announced February 2nd. The categories we'll specifically be going with are:

Picture, Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, Director, Adap. Screenplay, Orig. Screenplay, Score, Best Chemistry (romantic), Best Chemistry (platonic), World I Want To Return To Most (live action or animated), Best On-screen Animal (live action or animated), Best Voiceover (live action or animated) and more. Feel free to suggest categories! We're gonna have fun with this :),

Update: We may include a category each for Comics, Video Games & Television on the ballot, though the focus will remain movies this year, as it's our first time experimenting with something like this!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome I dea, sign me up!