Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Thing/The Fly Double Feature AWESOMENESS

Amanda (@eruditechick), Dave (@Da7e) and I went to a sweet ass event last night, where we watched The Thing, semi-MST3000 style with a bunch of like-minded geeks. It was a double feature, but because I had some massive deadlines, we didn't stay for movie #2. Which makes me sad, cause, it's true, I haven't seen the fly. People transforming into things scares the crap out of me. Which I think was made fairly clear last night by my ever present screaming & shuddering.

Below is a video I shot (hence the awesome shaky cam...), edited by Dave, about our experience, for The Ecstatic Truth, a new joint venture between ATF & Dave & Genevieve from Latino Review. Watch it!

The Ecstatic Truth: Horror Double Feature from Dave Gonzales on Vimeo.



P.S. Here was the drinking game we played during The Thing.

Drink whenever:

1. Kurt Russell squints or looks confused
2. Someone dies
3. Someone in the audience screams or reacts to the film
4. Someone uses the flame thrower
5. There is blood
6. Something too awesome to comprehend happens (i.e. whenever Kurt Russell happens)
7. Someone drinks
8. There is a butt-shot

The game started out with only the first three but...we added more as the film went on...cause that's how we roll.

We started the game with only

0 comments: