Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fassbenlivier

I would totally believe that this exchange occurred before the shooting of Inglourious Basterds

Tarantino: Yo Fassbender
Fassbender: Yo Tarantino
T: So in this movie, I'm gonna make you look just like Laurence Olivier did during World War II and you are going to watch all of his movies and channel him in your performance. You dig?
F: Dug!

Check it out:

(Notice the stache)

(Fassbender slightly more forlorn, Olivier slightly more...Shakespearean? But you see what I mean)

This rings especially true when you remember what Michael Fassbender ACTUALLY looks like


I rest my case.

P.S. Inglourious Basterds was...incredibus fantasterds!
...
doesn't work as well as District 9 blew my District Mind, does it?

Update: Inglourious Basterds was a Euphorious Masterds-piece! Done and done.

Update #2: Apparently Fassbender said he was "inspired" by George Sanders. But...I STAND BY MY POST. ... The end.

1 comments:

Chantaal said...

What I love the most is that Fassy Fassbender was Stelios in 300, aka Mr. Fight in the Shade. Now look at him, channeling a classic BAMF.