Friday, February 20, 2009

Meme of the Week [Wee!]

Look, I love memes, I do. That's just the way it is. Deal with it, Cate Blanchett.

Was looking through my google reader and came across this AV Club post that got me all excited.

There's a new meme sweeping the internet (so I have declared!) that uses Wikipedia, Quotations Page and Flickr to serve up a whole bunch of silly awesomeness.

First, go to Wikipedia and click on "random article". The name of the article is your band name.

Second, go to Quotations Page and click on "Random Quotes". The last four or five words of the last quote is your album title.

Finally, go to Flickr and click on "Last 7 Days". The third picture is your album cover.

Here are my results!


Calendar Reform - People Our Parents Warned Us About


Republic of Alba - Coming With All My Heart

Bad. Ass.

Post yours below! And feel free to link to pictures.

7 comments:

ErinLaurel said...

Ooh, fun! Here's mine...

Band name: Paterson Public Schools

Album title: Pretend I'm Walking on Clouds

Album Cover

david said...

My band name is EL DEGUELLO. with an effing UMLAUT OVER THE U.

i decided no album title or cover art could equal that, so i quit.

Teddy Diefenbach said...

My band is Jawornica, and our latest EP...
Where Work and Play Merge

LoquaciousMuse said...

Damn, Stealth Bear. That one effing rocks. Why did I only get nature pictures!

Unknown said...

Band name: The Darkest Cloud
Album Title: Grab It and Never Let Go
Cover Art

Batgirl said...

Ooh I did this too. I love mine. It makes me want to start a band!

Band name: Fantasy Focus
CD name: Being a Little Bit Crazy

Cover

LoquaciousMuse said...

omg Batgirl that's AMAZING. So surreal and quirky, I love it hahaha.