Monday, February 23, 2009

FYI [Quick Thought]

I got first place in my Oscar pool! But tied with Danno & david...and lost the tiebreaker.

But my strategy of picking the obvious choices seemed to work out pretty well. Normally I do two ballots or have to go with my favorites on some. Not this year!

One ballot, got 20/24. The four that I missed were literally the four surprises - Sound Mixing, Doc Short, Foreign Lanuage Film & Best Actor. If only I had trusted Dave Karger at the end there. Garrrr.

Also, I happened to think it was a terrific show - I loved the numbers, I did, I don't care what anyone says, and I ALWAYS love me some montages. Plus, being an actor, I quite enjoyed the actor tributes (david...not so much) and I liked having no idea who was coming on stage to perform. How awkard and brooding was RPatz? How gorgeous was Natalie Portman?

Also learned last night that La Maison en Petits Cubes is just not available online and what I posted was only a 28 second clip. But you'll be happy when you finally get to see it - it's worth the wait.

Getting on a flight to LA now! We will have full, extensive coverage of WonderCon featuring especially exclusive access.

And now, one of my favorite speeches of the night (oddly enough, this was the only time God was thanked!)

0 comments: