Remember Hell Walk 2011??
Well it's back for round two next Saturday, June 30th-July 1st when Bad Robot employee and all around awesome dude Josh Tate will walk 100 miles around Los Angeles before concluding with a giant party in Santa Monica. But more on that when we post a full interview later in the week.
For now, I want to draw your attention an event happening tomorrow night in LA to support Hell Walk being held at Hell Walk birthplace Sonny McLean's in Santa Monica. I went last year, had a great time, won awesome stuff, met great people, danced to fantastic music, and now you can do the same!
So what makes this fundraiser so great? It's free to attend, but once inside you have the option of buying raffle tickets that can win you some of the following BEYOND EPIC ITEMS AHH
- Silent Auction Item: Signed hockey stick by the entire 2012 LA Kings Stanley Cup Winning Team
- Signed Dark Knight script by Christopher Nolan and Jonah Nolan
- Signed Star Trek poster by J.J. Abrams
- Signed Super 8 poster by J.J. Abrams
- Signed Star Trek poster by Leonard Nimoy
- Signed Avengers poster by Stan Lee
- Signed MIB3 poster by Rick Baker
- Signed Iron Man poster by Jon Favreau
- (4) Field-level tickets to an LA Dodgers game + VIP Parking + Batting Practice
- Box set of LOST
- Box set of Alias
- Box set of Felicity
- Seasons 1, 2, 3 of Fringe
- Bad Robot Movies DVD Collection including Star Trek, Super 8, Mission Impossible: III, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Cloverfield, Morning Glory
- Bowling pin signed by NBA superstar Chris Paul
- Two gift certificates from A.O.C. Winebar
- Two gift certificates from True Food Daily
- Gift certificate for 3-course dinner for four prepared by Chef Mike Doutt (who makes Bad Robot's amazing food)
- CDs and sheet music signed by Michael Giacchino
- SO MUCH MORE
Yeah. You don't wanna miss this. I WANT TO WIN ALL OF THE THINGS AHHHHH!!!!
RSVP on Facebook here. More info on the event below!
Holy Slapstick Batman! Hell Walk 2 Fundraiser Raises the Bar with Geek-tastic Raffles!
Santa Monica, CA (June 21, 2012) - After walking around a 100-foot circle for 24 consecutive hours and succeeding in raising $25k for Children's Hope Chest for Hell Walk 1, Co-creator, and "Hell Walk-er", Josh Tate has a mission to push himself even further for Hell Walk 2. On June 30, 2012, instead of walking for 24 hours around a 100-foot circle, he's going to walk for 100 miles throughout Los Angeles and then end up at the Hell Walk 1 site: Dirt Cheap Soundstage (3019 Olympic Stage B, Santa Monica, CA) to conclude Hell Walk 2. Josh will be walking with a goal to raise $50k to create scholarships for Special Operations Warrior Foundation. This organization (www.SpecialOps.org) benefits the children of military personnel who have lost parents in combat.
Prior to the start of Hell Walk 2, a fundraiser, with a raffle & silent auction items, will be held on Saturday, June 23rd at Sonny McLean's (2615 Wilshire Boulevard) in Santa Monica, CA. Raffle tickets can also be purchased online or in-person at the event. It will be a fantastic night of live music, great food, cold drinks and AWESOME PRIZES so please come on by starting at 6 pm! The list of raffles keeps growing, so check out the updated page onwww.HellWalk.com/Fundraiser/ to find out what items are available.
About Hell Walk 2Hell Walk is a transparent organization with no bureaucracy. None of the funds raised will go to supporting any infrastructure or pay any salaries or expenses. All funds raised for Hell Walk 2 will go to fund five college scholarships (at $10,000 each) for military children who have lost their parents due to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Josh explains, "as the son of an Air Force veteran, I have always understood the immense sacrifices that our servicemen, servicewomen, and their families make every day. Too often, the sacrifice is the ultimate one. I know in my heart, [that raising $50k to go towards scholarships] will be the best thing I have EVER done in my life." Follow Hell Walk 2 on Twitter at @HellWalk2012 and "Like" Hell Walk 2 on Facebook at:https://www.facebook.com/