Monday, July 30, 2012

Set List - Fiona Apple, Hollywood Palladium, 7/29/12

Photo courtesy of Sterogum


Last night I had the pleasure of seeing Fiona Apple for the third time, and although normally I don't cover music for ATFG, I can't resist at least putting up her set list because BECAUSE. Only disappointed she didn't sing Never is a Promise, Parting Gift and Hot Knife, but I understand why. Two are incredibly depressing and the last one is three lyrics but DAMNIT three lyrics I wanted to sing with her so badly. Still, wonderful show. I also appreciate the fact that the songs I am currently enjoying/relating to the most are Extraordinary Machine and Anything We Want, as opposed to like, Shadowboxer, Werewolf, Tymps, I Know....pretty much any other song of hers ever....Fiona, you've been through some shit. I love you. The end.

(links to songs courtesy of setlist.fm)
  1. "I may be soft in your palm, but I'll soon grow hungry for a fight and I will not let you win"
  2. "Maybe some faith would do me good"
  3. "Once my lover, now my friend, what a cruel thing to pretend...Ill be sure to stay wary of you, love, to save the pain of once my flame and twice my burn"
  4. "Hunger hurts, but starving works when it costs too much to love"
  5. "I kept touching my neck to guide your eye where I wanted you to kiss me when we find some time alone...and then we can do anything we want."
  6. "I'll idealize, then realize that it's no sacrifice, because the price is paid, and there's nothing left to grieve"
  7. "You say love is a hell you cannot bear, and I say gimmie mine back and then go there...This mind, this body and this voice cannot be stifled by your deviant ways"
  8. "If there was a better way to go, then it would find me....be kind to me or treat me mean, I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine"
  9. "We can still support each other, all we gotta do's avoid each other...nothing's wrong when a song ends in a minor key."
  10. "Why did I kiss him so hard late last Friday night, and keep on letting him change all my plans. I'm either so sick in the head I need to be bled dry, to quit, or I just really used to love him. I sure hope that's it."
  11. "Seek me out, look at me, I'm all the fishes in the sea."
  12. "If it gets too late, for me to wait for you to find you love me and tell me so, it's okay, don't need to say it..."
  13. "That's when the pain comes in, like a second skeleton, trying to fit beneath the skin, I can't fit the feelings in...every single night's a fight with my brain. I just want to feel everything."
  14. "I know tomorrow brings the consequence at hand, but I keep living this day like the next will never come."
  15. "All I want is to save you honey, or the strength to walk away."
  16. "Take all of the things that I've said that he stole, put 'em in a sack, swing over my shoulder, turn on my heels, step out of this sight, try to live in a lovelier night...this is not about love, cause I am not in love, in fact I can't stop falling out."
  17. It's Only Make Believe (Conway Twitty cover)

1 comments:

오피 op-best.com said...

Hi there, for all time i used to check blog posts here in the early hours in the morning,
because i like to gain knowledge of more and more

click here=대구오피