Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Quick Thoughts on E3 Day One - Assassins, Fitness, Fable OH MY!

E3 started today and while I will be attending the rest of the Expo, I spent today watching all the press conferences from home. The day included a healthy mix of "Wow" and "Snooze", the snoozers mostly consisting of driving games and sports. Cause I don't care about that shit. Sorry. 

Here are my highlights.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhoodfrom Ubisoft

Watching this activated my sense memory in quite the intense way and I am ECSTATIC to revisit this world. Oh how I love stabbing people secretly with my hidden blade! And now I can do it with friends?!?!! OKAY!!!!!  Winwinwin.



Ghost Recon: Future Soldier from Ubisoft

I've actually never played a Tom Clancy game, but I will absolutely be playing this one. Over the past year I've gotten very into games involving stealth and soliders. Joel McHale's enthusiasm (and face) didn't hurt the matter either.


Fable III

OBVIOUSLY, PEOPLE. I'm so excited for this game. And also dreading it. Because I logged 40 hours on Fable 2 and I'm not even actually done. I mean, sure I beat the game, but it's never REALLY over. And I was a fuckin pro. I don't remember how to be a master at the controls now, so it's gonna take some work to rock the third installment of the Fable series the way I rocked the second, but I KNOW I CAN DO IT. Already pre-ordered.



Star Wars: The Old Republic from EA

Really makes you think of what could have been, huh? Siiiigh. I promise you one thing - I will enjoy every moment of this game. Well. Barring the gameplay is as good as this trailer. We'll know more tomorrow when G4 plays a demo live at 2pm PT. But you get your own starship. So. There's that. In any event.


PC Games - E3 2010 - Star Wars: The Old Republic


Scott Pilgrim vs The World
THIS CAN BE NOTHING BUT AWESOME


Xbox 360 Games - E3 2010 - Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 

Your Shape Fitness Evolved from Microsoft & Ubisoft

Yes, I am actually excited about this. Shut up. Look, I love it when working out is fun and involves points and using my video game console and eliminates the stupid "driving to the gym" part of getting exercise. But I hate having to hold a controller and step on a specific pad and all that Wii bullshit. This makes the Wii bullshit go away. So yes, I am excited.




That'll do it for Day one! I'm pretty sure Eruditechick would have some Gears of War on this list, cause she's cool like that. But don't worry, you'll get tons of Eruditechick's thoughts on gaming this week - promise :).

1 comments:

Teddy Diefenbach said...

Old Republic has the unique opportunity to consume my life.